Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.

Article about: Hello All, I promised these a while ago when I was looking for a scanner, Well My wife and son got the Ole Man a scanner/printer/copier/fax machine as a Xmas gift. They both knew I had these

Field Artillery ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It's this officer?
    Aug. 17, 1917; at Camp Beauregard, La., commanding 64th Field Artillery Brigade, Aug. 21, 1917, to Aug. 15, 1918; en route to France and commanding 64th Field Artillery Brigade in France, Aug. 16, 1918, to April 9, 1919; commanded 64th Field Artillery Brigade to April 21, 1919, and in addition commanded 39th Division for about one month in September-October, 1917, from November, 1917 to March, 1918, and for about three weeks in April‑May, 1918; arrived in France Sept. 3, 1918; at Training Area and Center of Camp Coëtquidan, Morbihan, as Senior Officer at this Center, to Nov. 8, 1918; commanding Camp Valdahon, Doubs, and Commandant of Army Artillery School at Camp Valdahon, Nov. 13, 1918, to Feb. 18, 1919; commanding Camp Coëtquidan, Morbihan, March, 1919; en route to U. S., April 9 to 17, 1919; commanding North Pacific Coast Artillery District, May 23, 1919, to
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Did you use Paint.net or just another Photo application?
    I took your advice and downloaded the free Paint.net program.
    I'll have to play more with it to get fancy!!

Thank you Lebus for asking for me.
    So far the Area's mentioned on the pic's are Champagne, Antwerp and a town called Et-Leans.

I'll try and get some more loaded by tomorrow.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    It's this officer?
    Aug. 17, 1917; at Camp Beauregard, La., commanding 64th Field Artillery Brigade, Aug. 21, 1917, to Aug. 15, 1918; en route to France and commanding 64th Field Artillery Brigade in France, Aug. 16, 1918, to April 9, 1919; commanded 64th Field Artillery Brigade to April 21, 1919, and in addition commanded 39th Division for about one month in September-October, 1917, from November, 1917 to March, 1918, and for about three weeks in April‑May, 1918; arrived in France Sept. 3, 1918; at Training Area and Center of Camp Coëtquidan, Morbihan, as Senior Officer at this Center, to Nov. 8, 1918; commanding Camp Valdahon, Doubs, and Commandant of Army Artillery School at Camp Valdahon, Nov. 13, 1918, to Feb. 18, 1919; commanding Camp Coëtquidan, Morbihan, March, 1919; en route to U. S., April 9 to 17, 1919; commanding North Pacific Coast Artillery District, May 23, 1919, to
    That would be the General in the middle. He is marked as "1" in the pic.
    The Gent that took these pic's is #6, I had ID'ed him as 4 but corrected that.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Field Artillery ?
    Yes.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I see no need to water mark this.
    It is a post card included with the Photo's.
    If somebody has more info on the scene on the post card ,Please chime in.

Click To Enlarge.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Here are a couple of better days and early Aviation. And my attempt at Water marking. Any tip's would be appreciated. I haven't figured out how to do diagonal yet , but playing with it!!

I'm not sure if this is the pilot of the Plane he take aerial photo's with, But its the only one with the Pilot. That pic I put 2 pic's , One above the other.

Click to Enlarge. You can even see his Satche!!!!

On to the Planes!!
    I can barely make out some numbers on the side of the Plane in the upper pic.. I'm not up to speed on WW1 planes , So Chime in if you got info???

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Now these two pic's were together.
    Not sure if the French are Guards or just soldier striking a pose.

I noticed a patch on the sleeve of the jacket on the soldier on the left. I zoomed in on that a cropped a pic of it..
    Can someone ID this Unit????
    My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.My WW 1 Pre and post artillery barrage pic's.

And these Hun's!!

This is what is typed on the back of the German prisoner pic.

I have more of the little ones and after they are posted, I will post the Larger Pre and Post and Battle Ground Photo's

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I decided to combine several at a time.

Not sure if there is any interest in these?

Double Click to Enlarge.

This looks like a medical center or Morgue.

Possibly the boat he came over on. I'll have to look that one up.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Ahh Phil can't see yer pics, big arsed writing on top!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast