Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi stamp!

Article about: My uncle bowden was a sgt in the army intelligence in Gemany during the war. He brought back a few items that I thought were interesting. The item in question is a stars and stripes newspape

?

Default Nazi stamp!

My uncle bowden was a sgt in the army intelligence in Gemany during the war. He brought back a few items that I thought were interesting. The item in question is a stars and stripes newspaper with a Nazi stamp on it. I want to know if anyone knows what the stamp represents. I have an entire collection of papers from the war including a cease fire that came across the wire. I am more interested in finding out about this stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi stamp!   Nazi stamp!  

Nazi stamp!  

?

Default Re: Nazi stamp!

I see that "something" at first time...
    Can you give more photos to forum ?

?

Photos of what exactly?

It appears to be a Post Office stamp.

Cheers, Ade.

Here is my best stab at the translation. It is a 'Post Office Issuing Stamp' (as Adrian suggests).

Issuing Office The Pension Scheme

Wörrstadt - Rheinhessen

Due to the bottum part of the photo being missing. I have interpreted the town name from limited details.

Alan

?

Thanks a lot, that made my day, now I can track my uncles whereabouts during the war a little better. Thanks again, I had so many people try to translate, but could not.

?

Hmm what was he doing in wine country?

Of course, what ALL soldiers were looking for WINE!

cass71
    ?

Look for the simple answer first! One of the "guys" had found & liberated an NSDAP stamp from a police office, prison or other government office. What does he do with it? He tries it out on the first piece of paper he finds!
    More "complicared & unlikely", the S&S was captured and "marked" with the "Adler und Hakenkreuz" before sending it back to headquarters.
    We'll never know!

Quote by cass71 View Post
    Look for the simple answer first! One of the "guys" had found & liberated an NSDAP stamp from a police office, prison or other government office. What does he do with it? He tries it out on the first piece of paper he finds!
    More "complicared & unlikely", the S&S was captured and "marked" with the "Adler und Hakenkreuz" before sending it back to headquarters.
    We'll never know!
    My thoughts exactly - One or the other, !

Regards,

Steve.