Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with autographed ADM Byrd Photo

Article about: Hello all - I would sincerely appreciate your opinions of this autographed photo of ADM Byrd. It seems to be an advertisement for the documentary of his first South Pole expedition, although

?

Default Need Help with autographed ADM Byrd Photo

Hello all - I would sincerely appreciate your opinions of this autographed photo of ADM Byrd. It seems to be an advertisement for the documentary of his first South Pole expedition, although I can't find an exact replica of it on line. The signature seems authentic based on others I have seen. I did not look at the back of the photo. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with autographed ADM Byrd Photo  

?

I would rather be seeing the back and sides.
    Did the pen leave a slight impression?
    Framing and non-reflective glass are modern.

?

Your welcome to anybody else trying to look at this
    Need Help with autographed ADM Byrd Photo
    I can not help with ID of the signature, but this will help others trying to read it.
    Semper Fi.

Phil

?

Thanks for the info/help, gents. Ubique - Is there anything else I should look for when I go back to look at it, and what would be a reasonable value if legitimate? Thanks again!

?

Is the photo properly sealed in with tape or staples? Or is it bendy tags which will allow careful removal with shops permission for inspection? Something of that age would surely show fading or scuffing which I cant see in your images. I would want to be convinced before paying a collectors price. Strike up a conversation with the shop owner to explain your concerns and if they will not assist then walk away. Cant help with value sorry.