Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Netherlands Photos Military Various Periods

Article about: Here's some photo's I managed to salvage from family members from the old country. Two uncles of mine, various periods and armies/organizations.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Fabulous shot of US Army frogskin and Sten gun! What’s the story behind that one?
    Large quantites of HBT camo coveralls were stored right after WW2 at the dump at Biak, New Guinea by the US military and subsequently bought by the Dutch government for issue to troops in the Dutch East-Indies between 1945 and 1950. Weapons and webbing were usually British, although German weaponry and US webbing were also relatively often seen; this seems to have been quite unit-specific.

The army, nor marines did wear camo in the later 1950's and surely not in the 1960's, as far as I remember.

Biak is well-known too me as I was there for over a year. I was from the army, but did wear the same
    field-uniform as the Dutch marines, including the leggings. The other clothings came from the navy
    and were supplied too me at Doorn in August 1961.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Two of my Dad's brothers where kind of forced to act as drivers in the NSKK or go work in the factories in Germany! yes they went to the eastern front! (these pics where developed there) Many stories he did tell me when I did meet him! and also how he ended up working for the US Army!!!
    I already thought it could be NSKK. Many Dutch went into this force.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2