Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Newly found color film VJ-Day in Honolulu!

Article about: http://www.breitbart.tv/newly-discov...y-in-honolulu/ This film was shot with a Bell & Howell 16 mm wind up camera, probably Army issue. Color negative stock was rare and pricey to buy a

Default Newly found color film VJ-Day in Honolulu!

http://www.breitbart.tv/newly-discov...y-in-honolulu/

This film was shot with a Bell & Howell 16 mm wind up camera, probably Army issue. Color negative stock was rare and pricey to buy and to process as it needed a print to be made from the in-camera negative that was shot. This was originally a silent film as there were no all in one sound cameras yet. In this beautiful print, the color has been restored, and an elaborate sound effects track with music has been added.

Up until this time everyone knew that we were preparing to storm the beaches of the Japanese mainland and that they were going to fight to the last man as they did in all the islands.

Were they all happy that the bloodiest war on the planet Earth was over? Oh yeah, you bet they were.

Default Re: Newly found color film VJ-Day in Honolulu!

great video,thank you for show it.

Chris, great job on your new book and good luck with it. It is very, very good!

Love diamondhead in the back ground . shot in down town waikiki

Quote by radonovan View Post
    Chris, great job on your new book and good luck with it. It is very, very good!
    Thank you very much.

Nice film. There doesn't appear many signs of rationing or war time austerity there! Looks like there was plenty of women, booze and swimming pools though! Oh what a lovely war, mind you, i bet there weren't many Medals of Honour awarded for guarding a few million pineapples either.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My father was in California, preparing for the invasion of Japan. I am thoroughly convinced, as was my father for the rest of his life, that my oldest sister, born on11/16/45, wouldn't have had a father or her 4 younger siblings if this day did not take place. My father told me many times that he knew exactly where he was when he heard the news. It is wonderful to see the reactions of the other servicemen on that day. Thanks for posting the clip. Jim G.