Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NEXT! 6th War Loan Poster

Article about: Thanks Chris! She's the best one i've personally seen. A lot of them have decals and stuff on them, this one is nice and clean. I just have to wipe the inside down a little because of the mi

?

Default Re: NEXT! 6th War Loan Poster

Awesome pick up. I love these war loan posters!

?

I will refrain from doing that Steve, thanks for letting me know.
    Ryan

?

Same here, they had a few more war bonds posters but i was on a tight budget so i could only get one. Shame because some of them were really nice.
    Ryan

Quote by SteveR View Post
    NEVER EVER iron paper. Heat turns acid base paper brittle and it will begin to crumble from its own weight in a frame.
    Can you provide more info regarding that ? Applying low/medium heat is no different from book or paper being exposed to heat (any source).
    I mean if you go crazy and paper start curling then it is a different story but few passes with low/med heat on a flat surface are no different from paper lying on the patio table :-)

It is common practice in libraries (it was done at the university library on old newspapers when I worked there) and by collectors. I have documents that were iron out long time ago (1970s) framed and never had any problems including maps and posters.

Quote by Ryan B View Post
    Same here, they had a few more war bonds posters but i was on a tight budget so i could only get one. Shame because some of them were really nice.
    Ryan
    Was it in Chicago?
    chris

?

I would suggest getting it linen backed. It would remove the folds and creases and would prevent tears and help in preservation.

?

It was at the Elkhorn Flea market up in elkhorn wisconsin. I highly suggest you go, its the best one in the area. Also every sunday morning there is the Wilmot Flea market at the Ski hill in Wilmot wisconsin, another good one, thats were i found my Experimental lid. I havent found much there lately though.
    Ryan

Thank you for the info.
    Do you have a picture of that experimental lid?
    chris

?

Yep its the "Liner, Crash" made to replace the m1938 tankers lid, its just the liner but it is very desirable. It never took place and most if not all the remaining Liners were sent to a toy company to be made into toy helmets.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEXT! 6th War Loan Poster   NEXT! 6th War Loan Poster  

NEXT! 6th War Loan Poster  

I have been looking for one.
    This one is in great condition.
    chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast