Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures

Article about: Lovely If you ever want to swap or sell them I have 100+ Dutch pre 1940 pict`s and one picture album (regiment Jagers) And a few (300+) German ww2 Here a few more: With some M38 test models

Default Re: NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures

Lovely
    If you ever want to swap or sell them

I have 100+ Dutch pre 1940 pict`s and one picture album (regiment Jagers)
    And a few (300+) German ww2

Here a few more:

With some M38 test models (rare)

Great shots of uniforms. I wonder if the guys from 1939 knew the steam roller was coming? I guess the mobilisatie 1939 photo is in the winter so it must have already started.

Jay

Great photos

But please don't use photo hosting links. You can upload them direct here. See "FAQ" at top right of the page.

Cheers, Ade.

?

awesome photos! i especially like the one with the water cooled machine gun. Very neat dutch photos! I must say i do like there uniforms

?

6th picture from the top......is that a "black" soldier on the far left there?? is this common?.... i could be wrong though, he may just be darker than the others. i know many of the french colonial soldiers were black but... just curious, please dont take my observation as a negative remark. thanks

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    6th picture from the top......is that a "black" soldier on the far left there?? is this common?.... i could be wrong though, he may just be darker than the others. i know many of the french colonial soldiers were black but... just curious, please dont take my observation as a negative remark. thanks
    No, it`s in a uniform in the collor we call ''veldgrijs''

Before 1912 we had black uniforms.
    A few examples:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures   NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures  

NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures   NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures  

Thanks for the extra photos. But I think there is a mis-understanding here. Our friend is refering to the colour of his skin, thinking he might be a black or coloured or Negro soldier. I think he is European but just very sun tanned? Maybe he was from the Dutch East Indies?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Indeed the Dutch uniforms are extremelly rare, due all the stocks was captured by 3 Reich and all the uniforms was redone and reissued
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the extra photos. But I think there is a mis-understanding here. Our friend is refering to the colour of his skin, thinking he might be a black or coloured or Negro soldier. I think he is European but just very sun tanned? Maybe he was from the Dutch East Indies?

Cheers, Ade.
    Oh, it`s the photo. He is white

Indeed the Dutch uniforms are extremelly rare, due all the stocks was captured by 3 Reich and all the uniforms was redone and reissued
    Only the soldier uniforms, the officers' uniforms were the officers themselves.
    I got 2 officers' uniforms with some equipment and lot`s of paperwork.

awesome photos! i especially like the one with the water cooled machine gun. Very neat dutch photos! I must say i do like there uniforms
    I got one more pict with the vickers, and a few more:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures   NL pre 40 Soldier Pictures  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3