Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP

Article about: Hi all, My grandfather was an investigator and ss interrogator. He was assigned to the above mentioned massacres and I have the original files including, maps, photos, witness statements fro

?

Hi Phillip,

Yes I was aware of the minutes as Jeff rooker was in communication with my grandfather regularly and it was my grandfather that gave him a lot of information to raise in parliament. As you can see below I have a copy of the official report.
    When Mohnke was put to trial files were used which had evidence omitted and or deleted from the original file my grandfather had in his possession. Mohnke is named in these documents by one german officer in particular as being the one who had given the order for the massacre at (les parades).

I have been today to (please don't laugh) dickinsons real deal. And the reaction I got from the dealers, production staff etc was unbelievable, people had been queuing for hours and they just put me straight in.

I was offered £450 by the dealer which I turned down to go to auction. The dealer in question admitted afterwards that they will be bidding at auction and that it is definitely worth a lot more etc etc. but it's not just about the money. I want this to go to someone who will appreciate it. I don't know what will happen but at least people will learn a little bit about my grandfathers fight for the poor people that lost their lives in these atrocities.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original documents from wormhaudt and les paridis massacres investigations - HELP  

?

In case any of you are interested the auction is being held on 30th October at Peter Wilson auction in Nantwich. The programme will be aired in spring summer next year but I will keep you posted.

?

The problem is John if these papers go into a private collection which will be the intention of any dealer who buys them to sell them at a profit to a private collector they may well disappear from public view as things tend to do when they are owned by one person , so any Historical reseachers / Historians interested in these matters will never have the chance to get access to this information and it will have the opposite effect on that which you hope for.

The fact that a dealer has already tried to buy them for £450 shows what their motivations are i'm afraid.

Remember that any dealer is only really interested in making as much profit as they can from them and won't really care despite what they say about the historical content and impact of these documents. I have been reflecting on the actual importance of these files and they are of such significance that they should maybe held at the National Archives at Kew !!

That said they are of course yours to dispose of as you see fit !!

regards

Paul

I have a feeling a noble gesture, such as a forum whip around to help preserve these documents for all to see and study would be worth a g.......

On second thoughts, forget it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Bigjon
    I have just noticed this post concerning Mohnke and your Grandfather. Did you sell the material at auction in the end?
    Best wishes
    Ian Sayer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3