Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photo album of 1st Lt. White

Article about: This photo album was given to me by my good friend Marion White. She was a nurse in WWII. Marion still has a better memory then most people half her age. And she still can tell some great st

?

Default Photo album of 1st Lt. White

This photo album was given to me by my good friend Marion White. She was a nurse in WWII. Marion still has a better memory then most people half her age. And she still can tell some great stories.One story she told me was about how the MPs came around to shoot all the pets because they were moving the base and didn't want the animals to spread any diseases from one area to another. She stated to me that the Sgt. asked her to bring her dog out of her tent and she and the other girls in her tent told the Sgt. that they did not know what he was talking about . The Sgt. told her he could hear the dog barking in the tent . As an Officer she looked the Sgt. in the eye and asked him if he was calling her a lier. At that point the Sgt. turned around and left. The dog was adopted by a local girl. A great story,a great Lady,and a great photo album. If anybody would like to see more let me know. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo album of 1st Lt. White   Photo album of 1st Lt. White  

Photo album of 1st Lt. White   Photo album of 1st Lt. White  

Default Re: Photo album of 1st Lt. White

This is a really nice group. I for one would like to see more.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade glad you like them. Marion was telling me that they would practice parachute jumps close to her base. She stated that if the parachute was stuck in a tree the GI's would leave it. Then her and the other girls would go get them out of the trees. Below is a photo of Sna-fu the dog. This is the dog that the MPs came for. Also a copy of a thank you note from the Queen Mother Mary. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo album of 1st Lt. White   Photo album of 1st Lt. White  

Photo album of 1st Lt. White  

That's a nice paratrooper, gliderborne, cap badge. I wonder what those women did with the parachutes? Made dresses, perhaps. thanks for sharing, rick

?

Hi Rick Marion said they would make bed sheets ,shirts ,dresses or trade it with the locals. Gary