Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

propaganda leaflets WOII

Article about: As one also can see on my Royal Artillery site, I also collect these fired by the Artillery, this one was found in the Betuwe/The Island fired towards the Germans; Anyone else collecting the

Default propaganda leaflets WOII

As one also can see on my Royal Artillery site, I also collect these fired by the Artillery, this one was found in the Betuwe/The Island fired towards the Germans;

Anyone else collecting them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture propaganda leaflets WOII  

Default Re: propaganda leaflets WOII

Quote by philip ABRG View Post
    anyone else collecting them?
    Hi Philip,
    I am not really collecting them but I do have one or two such as this cut-out leaf shaped propaganda piece. I think it may be British produced and I am not sure what the German text says but I guess something about German soldiers falling like leaves on the Eastern front???? Quite a clever idea and expensive die-stamped print production really. Don't know how rare this propaganda 'leaf' is or not ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture propaganda leaflets WOII  

?

Mine isn't in as nice shape as yours but I like them

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Mine isn't in as nice shape as yours but I like them
    This is a common one used all over different fronts, there is also a green one

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Hi Philip,
    I am not really collecting them but I do have one or two such as this cut-out leaf shaped propaganda piece. I think it may be British produced and I am not sure what the German text says but I guess something about German soldiers falling like leaves on the Eastern front???? Quite a clever idea and expensive die-stamped print production really. Don't know how rare this propaganda 'leaf' is or not ?
    I will ask a friend of mine, who has a great collection, you are correct about the text, falling like leaves in Russia, and the snow is covering these leaves

Here's mine. I guess this is also one

Regards

René

most probab;y made in the field as it has classified certain units

If have some for sale if anyone is interested

Quote by philip ABRG View Post
    I will ask a friend of mine, who has a great collection, you are correct about the text, falling like leaves in Russia, and the snow is covering these leaves
    Many thanks Philip I would be interested to know more about them and maybe who produced them? Were these propaganda leaflets ever effective?

There is a large file of British WWII propaganda leaflets in the National Archives (Kew, London) which I accessed recently whilst looking for examples of the propaganda leaflets dropped over Germany in the first weeks of WWII. The first leaflet in German (12 pages) was prepared between May and August 1939 and had a print run of 16 million !!!

Hello mate, I have just been offered a bunch of them by a guy who has given up on the collecting world. I will post them up as soon as they arrive
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast