Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saved from the bin...

Article about: The guy that works at the local garbish tip always keeps all the military stuff he finds a side for me, and sometimes he comes up with some really cool stuff. Not everytime though, often it

Default Saved from the bin...

The guy that works at the local garbish tip always keeps all the military stuff he finds a side for me, and sometimes he comes up with some really cool stuff. Not everytime though, often it is post war stuff, but every now and then he gives me nice war time items, and I give him a six-pack or bottle of wine.
    Went there yesterday and he gave me this old photograph he saved from the bin. I think I know where the picture was taken, as I reconize it, and it hasn't changed to much.
    The uniform seems French to me, maybe even resistance, but not sure they would have their picture taken.
    Pitty there is no date on the back of the picture...
    What are your thoughts on the photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images Saved from the bin...  Saved from the bin... 

French Chasseurs Alpins perhaps

Quote by Richie B View Post
    French Chasseurs Alpins perhaps
    Yes, possible. After doing some search; the uniform is not ww1 period, looking at the collar and the leg guards. I just cnt figure out when this picture was taken; before 1940, or after 1944? His belt is a bit wider than a German one would be, so my best geuss is he is wearing a French uniform of some sort, without any adition of German uniform pieces. So would it be safe to date the picture pre-war?

It's a shame what people throw away!.....