Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

show your signed photos&books

Article about: This thread made for share signed photos & books what signed by western allies veterans. Wartime or postwar. I'm looking for thread where appropriate to share it, but as I can't find and

Han
    ?

Cool show your signed photos&books

This thread made for share signed photos & books what signed by western allies veterans. Wartime or postwar.

I'm looking for thread where appropriate to share it, but as I can't find and for that reason this thread.

If you want you can upload photos&books what signed by eastern(russia, hungary, poland etc.) veterans too. As i know there is no network for contact with eastern veterans. You can use this thread.

Here is some signed photos by Mr. Eric Brown, what I received from him in more than 2 years ago. He is english veteran and most legendary test pilot in world.

Mr. Eric Brown(21 January 1919 ~ †21 February 2016)

Captured Ta152H-1 "AIR NIM 11". Test flown by Mr. Brown and it scrapped in 1946.

It was originally flown by Knight Cross recipient Mr. Willi Reschke, as a W.Nr 150168 "Green 9" in JG301 "Wilde Sau". And after war has ended, it captured by royal air force and renamed as a "AIR NIM 11".

There is a thread on all signed books, either by veterans or the authors of them Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em! but you already added on ebook there.

That thread is for all signed books, but given that most members here are "interested" in Germans, it tends to be full of German signed books, but it is not exclusively for Germans. If you scroll through it, you will find allied books.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Han
    ?

Hello Jerry,

I know that thread and as you can see, I use it. But as you know that thread is only for 'signed books'. There is no thread for signed photos by allied veterans. That why I made this thread. I added 'books' just for forum member can use this thread more easily.

(Also we hava a thread "show your signed photos" for german veterans signed photos)

p.s. correction - Hungary isn't member of allie.

Han
    ?

Default signed photos by Mr. Hershel W. Williams

Here is signed photos by Mr. Hershel W. Willams, who received for his action in Battle of Iwo Jima. Also he is last surviving U.S Marine MoH recipient of WW2.

First MoH recipient who I have contact. I've contact with him 3 times, since 2 years ago. He never wrote a some letter, but he is really nice man and reply very quickly.

Both photos what he gave to me in first contact in April, 2015

2nd in July, 2015

last in August

General Clifton B. Cates - He was honored for his heroism during World War I at the Battle of Belleau Wood, and for his combat leadership at the Battle of Iwo Jima in World War II.

General of the Armies, John J. Pershing - Commander of the AEF on the Western Front in WW1, 1917-1918.

Brigadier General Paul Tibbets

Carlos Hathcock - American sniper during the Vietnam War, 93 confirmed kills. One of the most famous snipers in military history.

I have many other American veterans, but I'll work on uploading them in subsequent posts.

Douglas MacArthur (this particular photo was taken around 1930, I think), who would eventually become General of the Army and cement his place in history during WW2.

Signed edition of General John Pershing’s memoirs and a signed photo of General Omar Bradley.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show your signed photos&books  

Han
    ?

Thanks for using this thread & share wonderful collectibles!

Really glad to watch your wonderful signed photos. Especially it's first time to watch General John J. Pershing.

Hey everyone nice photos of your Allied photos and books. If anyone is interested I know several Allied Veterans that still respond and like to receive letters still. Including several D-Day veterans, Bataan Death March Survivor and an Army Ranger Veteran just to name a few. I would be willing to share the addresses of some of these veterans with whoever is interested just PM me. The time is short with these men, so it great to hear their stories. My signed Allied Veterans to date is Tom Rice, Hershel Williams, Benjamin Ferencz, Bud Anderson, Thomas E. Gwynn, John T. Wolf, Robert Barnard, James Bollich and John Bistrica. Later I will upload some photos.