MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shrapnel, Loot and German Women

Article about: Hello Friends, I came across this small letter and photo grouping and thought that you might find it interesting and humorous. As always i look forward to your input. I also would appreciate

Default Shrapnel, Loot and German Women

Hello Friends,

I came across this small letter and photo grouping and thought that you might find it interesting and humorous. As always i look forward to your input. I also would appreciate a translation of the writing on the back of the photo of the downed plane, if possible.

Have a good day!

Mart

P.S. I took the liberty to add some new photos of my visitors, hope you enjoy.

Shrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German Women

?

Shrapnel, Loot and Women. Sounds like a perfect war to me.

Looting,Raping....having the time of his life. Nothing quite like polishing up the good old American GI rep! Way to go,Howard!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Hello Friends,

I came across this small letter and photo grouping and thought that you might find it interesting and humorous. As always i look forward to your input. I also would appreciate a translation of the writing on the back of the photo of the downed plane, if possible.

Have a good day!

Mart

P.S. I took the liberty to add some new photos of my visitors, hope you enjoy.

Shrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German WomenShrapnel, Loot and German Women
    I love the bald eagle.

Every 2 years I get an adult eagle from U. S. Fish and Wildlife out of Idaho that has died or been killed by accident.

I make fans out of the tail feathers, men's feather dance bussels and claw necklaces for give away's to friends and younger folks getting started War dancing and Ladies buck skin and calico dress dancing.

I am 1/4 Cherokee and 1/8 Choctaw. I love my people and our ancient customs. Our dances and songs . I speak Cherokee. Not very well but I can make myself understood.

Right now I am making a full 12 feather red tail hawk fan for the daughter of a Seneca Indian friend of mine for his 11 year old daughter who is 1/2 Cherokee from her mother. A very beautiful child. I just gave her a Cherokee style calico blouse and skirt that I made for her.

In the 1970s and early 80s I was considered the best American Indian bead worker in the USA.

Excuse my long winded story but I love the big birds, they carry your prayers to heaven.

Sounds amazing Steve! Is there any way or place to see your work?

Mart

?

Yes
    I work with 13/0 Cezch Beads. They are the best and smallest made.

The Butterfly took Best of Show at the Heard Museum Indian Artist Guild show in in Phoenix Arizona in 1978. It took 3 weeks to make. Using 5 types of bead work.

The Heard show is the most prestigious Indian Art show in the USA.

The 4 Feathers Necklace took best of Show At Los Angles County Metropolitin Museum in 1975

The 4 Feathers Bolo tie took best of Show at the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa Oklahoma in 1976.

I can't find the picture of the Necklace that took best of Show at the Heard Museum in 1976.

I have won awards at many of the major museums across the USA and had my work collected By The Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC.

I also taught American Indian Arts for the 10 tribes in Ottawa County for 7 years in the 70s while attending universities earning 4 degrees.

You don't get rich being an artist but I have made a living and the accolades are nice.

By the way I am bat$hit crazy but I enjoy it. I see the world differently than most folks.
    It could be the Peyote used as a sacrament in the Native American Church once a month where you meet and sing and prey from sundown to sun up in a tee pee.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shrapnel, Loot and German Women   Shrapnel, Loot and German Women  

Shrapnel, Loot and German Women  

Wow....impressive work for sure! I can see why the butterfly took the prize! My mother used to make amazing bead works too. I wish that I had some of her work today.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Thank You for sharing these with us!

Mart

?

I have a Bald Eagle Peyote feather fan but I am to damned lazy to dig it out and photograph it right now.

I have created numerous beaded items in the 70s and sold them. Now I can't afford to buy them back.

My works are quite valuable today.
    But I changed my focus in the 80s and I like to make pottery, carve wood and stone, paint, make prints, do silver work, anything to keep from getting an honest job for a living.

Some of my pottery has gone to private collectors in England and other far away places. The Japanese are quite fond of my beadwork and I sold many pieces to Japanese collectors in Tokyo, Osaka, etc. They like the beauty and esthetics of my work. I believe it is their cultural outlook at life. I think the women are pretty too. I am a sucker for dark eyed, dark headed girls. They have nice butts too. I have been a worthless rake in my life time. It kind of goes with the job.

Steve, you need a whole thread on your work, its great!! For the original post, what a fascinating insight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast