Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald

Article about: Paperwork and personal photos of a U.S soldier who helped liberate Buchenwald concentration camp........includes disturbing/graphic photos. I have not found much background on this particula

?

Default Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald

Paperwork and personal photos of a U.S soldier who helped liberate Buchenwald concentration camp........includes disturbing/graphic photos. I have not found much background on this particular soldier. Never having served in the military, or experienced war first hand, I can't imagine what he went through emotionally during and after his service.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald   Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald  

Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald   Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald  

Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald   Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald  

Soldier's Album--Liberation of Buchenwald  

Another important album that hopefully will not get broken up in the future. Thank you for sharing it.

Birth: Mar. 11, 1910
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Death: Nov. 7, 1992
    Baltimore City
    Maryland, USA

Samuel J. Tallarico, retired head usher at Maryland racetracks, died Saturday at his home on Kenwood avenue in Overlea of congestive heart failure. He was 84.

Services were to be held at 11:30 a.m. today at the Lassahn Funeral Home, 7401 Belair Road.

He retired four years ago after working for 38 years as a track usher, 12 of them as head usher. Earlier, he had worked as a tailor at the Sears, Roebuck & Co. store on North Avenue. A native of Scranton, Pa., he was reared in Baltimore and a graduate of St. Elizabeth's School. He was an Army Signal Corps staff sergeant during World War II.

He is survived by his wife, the former Doris C. Schmidt; a daughter, Joyce Vaughn of Red Lion, Pa.; two sisters, Mary Moffett of Halethorpe and Caroline Hentschel of Baltimore; and a brother, Fred Tallarico of Laurel.

thaks a very nice lot you have.hope it will not get broken up.good to keep them all like this for the future..

?

Thanks for the information Blackcat and all of the comments everyone. Yes, my plan is to keep everything together and hopefully will remain so in the future.

Tom

Was the album put together by Samuel Tallarico or his brother Fred (Freddy)? The last two images show both names. Samuel on the Veteran Admin envelope and Freddy on the ship board International Date line crossing certificate in August 1945. Which of the brothers took the photos? I notice in the death notice of Samuel in 1992, Fred was still alive. Samuel is a said to be a Signals Staff Sergeant, Fred a P.F.C.