Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64

Article about: Hi Guys, here is an AB64 from my collection. The soldier although born in Liverpool, hailed from Chesterfield in Derbyshire. He was a gunner in the Royal Artillery. I picked this one up for

?

Default Re: Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64

And .. a WW1 paybook to Pte. Alfred Cooper 1/5th Lincs. Regiment.

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64   Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64  

Hi Allan, I would not really advise doing anything to your Grandad's AB64. There is an archival materials site here, see what they have on offer:

Conservation By Design Limited - The Timecare Collection

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Gary, always nice to that document

It is worth noting that Free Forces (Polish, Dutch etc) who were issued with British paybooks always had the addition of a photo for ID purposes.

Cheers, Ade.

Here is my Dad's AB64 issued to him as a National Serviceman in the early 1950's. Now in my collection since he gave it me The basic design did not change much over the years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64   Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64  

?

And .. 1 step further back in time !!

Gary J

Hi,

Very very nice indeed!!!

Neil.

Adrian , here are some pics of my soldiers book, I received this from the wife of my friend .

Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64   Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64  

Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64   Soldiers Service and Pay book: the AB64  

Hi Pierre, a nice complete book for a soldier who saw a lot of service.

A good gift.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pierre, a nice complete book for a soldier who saw a lot of service.

A good gift.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes , after my friend dead i receive some military items from the wife ! i put this book in the desk , and after i see your thread , OH i remember i have this book ! But i don't collect a British military item

Pierre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2