Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some of my grandpas photos

Article about: by Totenhead Great pictures !! Love the picture of the 88, is that him with it ??? Yup thats Grandpa with the 88 ..he died before I even saw these photos but my grandma told me he was really

Default Re: Some of my grandpas photos

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Great pictures !! Love the picture of the 88, is that him with it ???
    Yup thats Grandpa with the 88 ..he died before I even saw these photos but my grandma told me he was really proud of that pic with him and the 88

Her are the last for now ..Until I get out to my Grandma s house again ..Last night when I talk to her she said her basement had flooded and she thinks the rest of Grandpas pictures where destroyed But im hoping not!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my grandpas photos   Some of my grandpas photos  

Some of my grandpas photos  

Love the pictures, fingers crossed the pictures are ok, would be a crying shame they are damaged!!

My grandfather was also in an Anti-Tank Reg, although he died when I was very young so never got the chance to talk to him about anything, my family is a little diss-jointed so only have a few pictures really.
    Funnily enough, like yourself, I only acquired this military history illness lol a few years ago when I was given some pictures of him and decided to research into what he did and where and the rest is history as they say ! lol

Do you have his service record ? Do you know where and when he actually went ??

Cheers M

I got into military stuff at the ripe age of 6 when I got a german helmet my grandpa brought back ...But I have his whole unit history and I have a replica of his uniform that I wear to living history events ..here is a pic of me in "his" uniform with my '44 Willys MB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my grandpas photos  

Nice one !! Love those Jeeps !! I am envious !!!

its a cool old jeep ..here is one of the wife and I and the jeep..She does Army Nurse Corps.. I married a goood one ! lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my grandpas photos  

I like it !! I am thinking of selling one of my bikes and buying a rag top land rover for the summer, have to do me i am affraid, I think a Willys is beyond reach

Great pics - the old, and the modern ones too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I think my grandpa knew him..I have read this artical and have been wanting to get ahold of him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2