Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Some paper items from WW2 brought back by my father.

Article about: Not sure if my dad was at the eighth army service although according to his service records he was transferred to the 8th when the 1st army was disbanded after the victory in n.africa, he wa

jwp
    ?

Default Some paper items from WW2 brought back by my father.

Not sure if my dad was at the eighth army service although according to his service records he was transferred to the 8th when the 1st army was disbanded after the victory in n.africa, he was at the 1st army sevice for the victory in n.africa, I have the order of service for that but can't locate it at the minute !!. the timeline is from the 36th inf bde. victory magazine and gives a good indication of the locations he served in.
    cheers, John.Some paper  items from WW2 brought back by my father.Some paper  items from WW2 brought back by my father.Some paper  items from WW2 brought back by my father.Some paper  items from WW2 brought back by my father.

?

It is always nice to have family related military items.

It's interesting to see the use of the term "The United Nations" long before the organization of that name came into being! Very prophetic! A Great little document package that anyone would love to have from their family members!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

jwp
    ?

Thanks chaps, I have been lucky so much WW1 and WW2 family stuff has passed down to me, up to me now to preserve and research them to pass to the next generation !,
    John.

Very interesting documents, cheers for sharing!..