Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sunday Express; First Night of the Blitz

Article about: Hello folks. Have had this one for a while, but have been too afraid to pull it out for photographs as it's so fragile. This is a late final edition of the Sunday Express, dated 8th Septembe

Default Sunday Express; First Night of the Blitz

Hello folks.

Have had this one for a while, but have been too afraid to pull it out for photographs as it's so fragile. This is a late final edition of the Sunday Express, dated 8th September 1940. This is a very significant date in the war, or rather it lies in the immediate aftermath of one. The evening prior to the publication of this newspaper, the Luftwaffe had launched its first nighttime raid on London. The first of many, which would drag on until May of 1941. This would come to be known as the Blitz, and such raids would go on to be launched on major cities across the country in the following months.

Sunday Express; First Night of the BlitzSunday Express; First Night of the Blitz

This is a very fragile piece of memorabilia. Already it's significantly worn at the folds, with a moderately large hole in the centre. It also bears a few light stains. I'm planning on getting this one custom mounted in a frame with UV-protective glass. It'll be expensive, but worth it to preserve this very significant piece of journalistic history.

Regards, B.B.

I agree B.B. and I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Fantastic piece of history.

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    I agree B.B. and I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Fantastic piece of history.
    Definitely my favourite piece out of my collection of newspapers. I'm planning on getting a few of them framed next month. Will post them here, of course.

B.B.