Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss Army document 1919-1945

Article about: Hi All - I'm not sure where to post this - it's a framed Swiss army document - maybe an award (?) in original frame. The seller says it's original artwork, not a re-print. Anyone seen anythi

?

Default Swiss Army document 1919-1945

Hi All - I'm not sure where to post this - it's a framed Swiss army document - maybe an award (?) in original frame. The seller says it's original artwork, not a re-print.
    Anyone seen anything like this before? What is this exactly? Sure looks nice 'thou...
    Swiss Army document 1919-1945

Cheers,
    Fabe

Its "1939", not "1919"; the "3" is very narrow in this font. It's not an award; the text translates as:

"War mobilization
    1939 - 1945

The army has fulfilled its mission.
    By its vigilance, it has kept our country from the sufferings of war.

Soldier, true to your oath of loyalty, you had manned your post.
    You are deserving of the homeland's gratitude.

To: Fusileer Tobler Wilhelm
    Border Fusileer Company I/274
    "

Apparently, these were presented at the end of WW2 to the soldiers of the Swiss army that had served during the wartime mobilization.

A nice item, but they seem to be fairly common. (I see that three of these documents are currently on offer on German eBay.)

?

Thank you for the translation. So the only part of the document that is not a "reprint" is the name in blue @ the bottom, I gather?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Thank you for the translation. So the only part of the document that is not a "reprint" is the name in blue @ the bottom, I gather?
    I would say so.