Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping

Article about: Hello I have here a grouping of paperwork, concerning the Home Guard battalion based in Tonbridge. I bought it on impulse, purely on the fact that the town is somewhat local to me. It featur

Default Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping

Hello

I have here a grouping of paperwork, concerning the Home Guard battalion based in Tonbridge. I bought it on impulse, purely on the fact that the town is somewhat local to me. It features two maps, one apparently official, the other a hand drawn example. A battalion photograph, and an invite to a stand-down parade on the 3rd December, 1944. Also included is a postwar map apparently salvaged from a local newspaper, showing the locations of all known V1 'Doodlebug' impact sites.

I find this grouping particularly fascinating, being able to travel through the town centre and pick out where everything was. It's also a sobering reminder of that time, that the conflict was once right on our doorstep.

Thanks for viewing, and regards. B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping   Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping  

Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping   Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping  

Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping   Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping  

Tonbridge Home Guard, Paperwork Grouping