Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC

Article about: I dig your investigatory nature, E! These pics are the real deal, not some archived pics!

Default U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC

I received these pics that were part of a Vet's estate sale. WARNING-NOT PRETTY!!!

I know little about the pics, except that they're authentic. I assume that they were taken in a liberated camp, or something like that. VERY SAD stuff, but sadly, part of history. If this thread is too much for people, delete it. I just was hoping to get more info from here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC   U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC  

U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC   U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC  

U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC  

Default Re: U.S. GI pics-GRAPHIC

What a shame war is hell they used the wooden railroad ties and other wood for the fuel for the cremation. Thanks for the pics Pwny.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

A true shame, Eric. But the majority of soldiers on all sides weren't cool with such acts. I guess those who were are taking a long, hot vacation down south.

Looks like there is a 17 on one of the buildings, someone might be able to give you some info on "where" exactly this might be....

In the third photo, on the jeep, there is some numbers on the bumper, and on the vehicle in the back on the hood, you might be able to reasearch those as well...

Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-16-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Looks like there is a 17 on one of the buildings, someone might be able to give you some info on "where" exactly this might be....
    Thanks for posting, Teutonicknights. I think the pics came from a guy that served with the 511th Military Police Battalion. Very sad to have come upon such sites!!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Thanks for posting, Teutonicknights. I think the pics came from a guy that served with the 511th Military Police Battalion. Very sad to have come upon such sites!!
    Did you check the vehicle numbers on the third photo too?

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Did you check the vehicle numbers on the third photo too?
    I thought about it, but wouldn't know the first place to check. My detective skills only go so far, lol. I did pray for all those in the pics though! I've had family members killed in combat, as many of you have. A soldier's death, or innocent civilian is most tragic!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    I thought about it, but wouldn't know the first place to check. My detective skills only go so far, lol. I did pray for all those in the pics though! I've had family members killed in combat, as many of you have. A soldier's death, or innocent civilian is most tragic!
    Just thinking if you really want to dig into this, and find out info, folks on here might be able to help with this, the numbers might be able to be traced to find your goal, if you really..want....to.....sometimes it can be rewarding, but other times, as I have experienced this myself, (be careful what you wish for) sometimes we find out things that we never thought of, and it hurts sometimes.

Thanks Mike

what camp is it and from and where?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    what camp is it and from and where?

Eric
    I am not sure. One of the experts might know.

Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast