MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?

Article about: Hello all I purchased this document nearly year ago at an estate sale, I ve since seen a few similar examples (personalized to the soldier and place of casuality) for sale online and was won

Default UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?

UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please? Hello all I purchased this document nearly year ago at an estate sale, I ve since seen a few similar examples (personalized to the soldier and place of casuality) for sale online and was wondering the history and rarity of them? I m sure the Roosevelt signature is a auto pen and am aware that the expression and mantra (unbroken line of patriots) are his as well. It s a bueatiful piece and I love the significance of it, it holds a special place in my home and collection! Are these a government issued tribute to the fallen or a piece that may of been purchased by the family in remembrance? All replies are appreciated many thanks!

Brian

Default Re: UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?

I believe they are govt. issued.

Default Re: UNBROKEN LINE KIA document History Lesson Please?

Naturally, they are all Government issued, as certainly the President himself could never have the time needed to personally respond to each fallen soldier's family, but they are still a Very poignant and moving document and one can only try to imagine the horror and the grief and tears that receiving this letter must have caused. John Kimmel may well have had no children, and so when his immediate family grew old and passed away, his carefully preserved letter was no longer of personal interest to anyone and hence on it's way to You. Either way, it's a somber and thoughtful bit of History in your hands. What John or his family may have gone on to do later in their lives, we will never know now...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."