Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

US Navy SeaBees -My Grandpa's Scrapbook

Article about: brilliant bill

Default Re: US Navy SeaBees -My Grandpa's Scrapbook

brilliant bill

?

I am very happy to know your Grandpa's memory is alive and well! As well as your other family discovering his ww2 scrapbook and letters. I'm sure you know I just recently discovered the true history of my G-Grandpa's adventures during ww2 and 101st AB Div. which I found on military.com . Maybe he has some kind of records or stories on there?If not, you can send info to the site about what you Know he did..possibly in letters home? That way he is immortalized on the web (other than what's been posted here of course). I think you oughta check it out though, Bill. You must proud of your G-G-pop!
    Your friend,
    ~Dean

?

Dean I did get to read about your Grandfather. Just WOW~! I can only imagine how you felt when you stumbled upon that! That generation was really a special breed of men (and women), werent they?

?

this story isnt over yet!

Member Seabeevol, Ken has been an extremely helpful and generous person in the hunt for information about Frank's ww2 service. It is not everyday that you meet a person like Ken who was nice enough to send me copies of 5 books about Franks Battalion and about WW2 Navy SeaBees that he wrote himself!!!! He is a true gentelmen, and I owe him at the very least, a public THANK YOU on behalf of my family and I. We were thrilled to see the "Cruise Book" especially and a very nice Obituary/Dedication which was printed in Ken's reprinted Crusie book, taking a full page to memorialize Francis H. Barnes.

Here is the Crusie Book Ken recently reprinted with new information. I cut off his name, as I did not ask permission to post it. Thank you again for helping to keep these SeaBees memories and services alive!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Navy SeaBees -My Grandpa's  Scrapbook   US Navy SeaBees -My Grandpa's  Scrapbook  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3