Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 RFC 119 Sqdn at Duxford.

Article about: Hi Guys, hoping someone can help me with a wee bible I bought today off the bay...it was advertised as WW2, but on looking properly at the photos, its a WW1 book as the owner looks to have s

?

Default WW1 RFC 119 Sqdn at Duxford.

Hi Guys, hoping someone can help me with a wee bible I bought today off the bay...it was advertised as WW2, but on looking properly at the photos, its a WW1 book as the owner looks to have served with 119 Sqdn at Duxford....served as a Lieutenant...cant quite make out the name tho.....does anyone have any info about them, or even the owner, or the previous owner...under his name at the top, are numbers and initials?? any ideas????
    Thanks in advance guys...WW1 RFC  119 Sqdn at Duxford.WW1 RFC  119 Sqdn at Duxford.WW1 RFC  119 Sqdn at Duxford.

?

Thomas I/C Herman
    and quite possibly his son???
    T. C. Herman.
    If that is a two generation military family bible then you did well.

?

Thankyou...I never even made the connection...might well be a two generation book...I have found out that Kinmel was a massive camp duriing WW1, and it seems that the original owner was a member of the Public Recruitment ( Recruiting) Board attached to the South Wales Borderers... 119 Sqdn was a light bomber sqdn based at Duxford, but was only ever in training and never became operational..it was disbanded in either 1918 0r 19.. Dont you just love history??

?

Do you have a friend with Ancestry who can do some research? Maybe a household with two Thomas Herman's?