Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........

Article about: so every year around this time i make a trip to my favorite state Maine, this year is no exception!! so every year i go to maine i visit many antique stores and flea markets ! thier is one a

Default WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........

so every year around this time i make a trip to my favorite state Maine, this year is no exception!! so every year i go to maine i visit many antique stores and flea markets ! thier is one antique about 10 minutes from the house i rent !! so i guess a few years ago he got all the stuff from an admirals estate the admiral served in ww2 and before and after !! he cleans out estates in maine well after looking through his shop i saw a cup filled with full sized poster and i said what are these he said theese came from the estate the first one was an orignal ww2 seabees enlistment poster !! i fell in love with it but at 100 and not being a poster collector i passed it up at that price !! well i paid him a visit again 2 days before i left he said since i bought other items thoose dealing with other collecting fields of mine he would do 75 dollars on the poster for me and that was his lowest !!! well since the trip had already be expensive for me i passed it up ! so hears the deal i will be going back and visiting the shop i have a good feeling he still has the poster !! what is the poster worth and what is a fair offer for me being a young collector to offer him also do you think i can use the leverage that it has been their for well over a year or two ?? COndition over all is good but is is rolled up and will need to be framed and flattened!! also the one corner is a little worn but just a small crease !!! also if he remebers the admirals name could that add value ?? thanks for your help i have no pictures of the poster but i do have a picture of a copy of the poster of ebay and this will give you an idea what i have WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........

Default Re: WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........

WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........also he had a poster that had the staue of liberty and all the country flags this one comes up more on ebay and at auctions !!! but the seabees one i have never seen another orignal anywhere !! so also if you dont mind what would this one be worth !!

any aid you guys can give would be great i know they are orignals but i just need a fair value on them !! also i fyou could think of a good bundle price for the 2 i know the guy loves to bundle !! this year money isnt an issue i just dont want to get ripped off !!

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    WW2 Seabees enlistment poster HELP........also he had a poster that had the staue of liberty and all the country flags this one comes up more on ebay and at auctions !!! but the seabees one i have never seen another orignal anywhere !! so also if you dont mind what would this one be worth !!
    Hi this one is fairly common.
    You can find a similar one quite easily. I bought myne for 20 us.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi this one is fairly common.
    You can find a similar one quite easily. I bought myne for 20 us.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    thanks for you help Nuno i figured this one was more common i think he want 40 for it but i didn't try to bargain !! im really interested in that seabee one i hope somebody know about it !!

anybody ??

?

Patience , many of the Collectors on the other side of the pond who may be able to answer you are in different time zones to Europe !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Patience , many of the Collectors on the other side of the pond who may be able to answer you are in different time zones to Europe !!
    ...and many members on this side of the pond do not hover over their computers midday during the work week in anticipation of the next e-appraisal.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

This Seabees poster in my opinion is not worth anything near 75. I would think maybe 40 on a good day. The only way I could see this being worth 75 was if it was a metal sign. Items like this are funny some can be hard to find but not be worth much money
    Last edited by gel65; 06-29-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Quote by gel65 View Post
    This Seabees poster in my opinion is not worth anything near 75. I would think maybe 40 on a good day. The only way I could see this being worth 75 was if it was a metal sign. Items like this are funny some can be hard to find but not be worth much money
    thanks for the help on this one for the past year i have been wondering about this poster !! i am very surprised only 40 dollars i was hoping it would at least be worth 55 to 60 dollars !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast