MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)

Article about: Hello, I thought some of you maybe interested in some pictures of the Swiss army during WW2 from an album that I have in my collection. Unfortunately I have no history of the owner or subjec

Default WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)

Hello, I thought some of you maybe interested in some pictures of the Swiss army during WW2 from an album that I have in my collection. Unfortunately I have no history of the owner or subjects as it was bought from a flea market.
    The album itself contains approx 50+ pictures taken during the war years in Switzerland, many of a female (I assume Emma KUHN) in military/nurse uniform who appears to ultimately marry a British serviceman (Roy KELLAWAY?) in 1946.
    I have selected the majority of images that show military personal. The cover of the album is expertly hand painted.
    I apoligise beforehand for the flash on some of the images (unfortunatley I don't own a scanner)

Default Re: WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)

Thanks for showing it. An interesting item. Swiss stuff is not that often seen. I love the cover illustration.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)

This was one of my first posts, however, having mastered the art of cropping pictures I thought I'd post some better images

Nice war-time album with some great shots. I was thinking the very same
    thing that Ade posted - you do not often see Swiss items.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

A few from the album that I missed out.

Very nice album! Thanks for showing.

Regards

The pictures that I foolishly deleted!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)   WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)  

WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)   WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)  

WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)   WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)  

WW2 Swiss army photograph album (not technically allied forces I know!)  

Very cool photos and album.
    Always very interesting to see.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers.
    Nuno