Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up recently. Nice piece of Silver plated trench art, a shell case turned into an ashtray and I guess that once upon a time there was a lighter in the middle. The reason I

Default WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col

Hi all. Picked this up recently. Nice piece of Silver plated trench art, a shell case turned into an ashtray and I guess that once upon a time there was a lighter in the middle. The reason I brought this was for the inscription relating to a Lieutenant Colonel Olson on VE day and the REME Insignia on the other side. Overall, this is what I would consider to be an example of "higher echelon" trench art that will hopefully be researchable. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col   WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col  

WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col  

Default Re: WW2 Trench Art to a Lt/ Col

Cool item and you don't see WWII examples very often and certainly not a named presentation piece.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That's very Nice. How did you come across that piece?

I would say that the center well may have at one time had a cap on it and contained matches, rather than holding a lighter. Just a guess!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."