Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Canadian Hate Belt

Article about: Hello, I came across this hate belt on e-junk. Iv only ever seen a few of these in person, never know what to think of them. Does anyone have info on hate belts and there origin? as well as

Default WWI Canadian Hate Belt

Hello, I came across this hate belt on e-junk. Iv only ever seen a few of these in person, never know what to think of them. Does anyone have info on hate belts and there origin? as well as the badges and buttons placed on this belt? In my opinion I felt this belt was priced kind of steep, feel free to update me on the market for such items as these. thanks guys.

heres the link to the listing.

World War 1 Named Hate Belt | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Canadian Hate Belt   WWI Canadian Hate Belt  

WWI Canadian Hate Belt   WWI Canadian Hate Belt  

WWI Canadian Hate Belt  

Default Re: WWI Canadian Hate Belt

Hi, i think i am right in saying its also know as a grave diggers belt? Take a look at this other thread that discusses one:
    My WWI "hate" / "grave digger" belt

- - Updated - -

There are some very nice badges on yours though!

Oh ok, Iv heard that name used as well, I suppose the value is adjusted based on the badges on the belt, the one Im looking at is at $500, I havent seen one sell at that price before, I have however watched one sell for half of that. Dont know what to think of the price. Thanks

I think $500 is a little steep. Im sure some people will be able to give you a better price estimations
    I have one i picked up for a couple of quid but its more of a belt that someone put the badges on himself after the war and doesnt have as many badges on as yours.

That's what I was thinking, not sure what would be fair for an item like that, but thanks for the info anyways, greatly appreciated.

I think these are highly subjective price wise. I guess you could value it badge by badge and button by button (I can see some nice ones). Long story short I think its whatever someone would want to pay. If there was some form of provenance with it IMO would make it far more valuable, even just the name of whoever made it. Cheers.

thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated

?

Recently seen at a antique shop...Price was ok... Seemed like mostly Imperial German and British though....Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Canadian Hate Belt   WWI Canadian Hate Belt  

WWI Canadian Hate Belt   WWI Canadian Hate Belt