Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?

Article about: One handle leather wrapped &brass wire ,other looks to be real bone.Definatly old swords but masonic or academy swords?Info appreciated.

We can see if others offer their opinions, I have two swords like the one pictured and they are fairly common, collectors etc who are more knowledgeable than me have always told me they were Militia swords

I would agree that the Henderson-Ames is a masonic sword.

The Ames Company has been in business since the late 18th century and I believe started making swords in the early 19th. During the Civil War, it was one of the Union's most prolific manufacturers of side arms, swords, and ordnance.

The sword with the bone handle is a Henderson-Ames manufacture. As mentioned, this company did not form until 1893 when Frank Henderson consolidated with the Chicago branch of the Ames Sword company and formed the Henderson-Ames Company.

These Ames Henderson mason swords are often described as Civil War used militia swords and look very similar but the company was not formed until about 30 years after the war. This sword must have been made between 1893 and 1933.

Still great pickups! Nice ceremonial sword!

I am unsure about the other sword. The blade does not look like a ceremonial blade.

That one with the white grip is pictured in my 1893 W.K & C. catalogue as an American Masonic sword. Not saying this one is made by W K & C, but they did make the type.

Here is one from my collection : 1840-1850 's NCO Militia sword. Look at the crossguards and the blade.
    The second swords blade looks like a militia sword blade that has been married with Regalia sword grip.

Double click n the pictures to open.

Thanks guys!This leather handle sword is very old,full engraved blade both sides.Brass fittings are ingraved.Here are a few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?   2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?  

2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?   2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?  

2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?   2@ 5.00 each yardsale old swords,military or masonic?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2