Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.

Article about: Hi Gents, Have had this in my collection for a few months now and thought I would post some images. It was given to me by a mate who found it in a house he had purchased. A half reasonable A

Default Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.

Hi Gents,
    Have had this in my collection for a few months now and thought I would post some images. It was given to me by a mate who found it in a house he had purchased.
    A half reasonable Aerial Cutlery Company (ACC) manufactured third pattern M3 with second pattern f/glass M8 scabbard.

Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.Aerial Cutlery Company M3 Fighting Knife.

One of the more common makers I believe but in quite good condition. The leather leg tie seems original to the scabbard. As they had such a short production run (March 1943 to August 1944) I think they are a interesting little US edged weapon and I am very happy to have it in my lot.
    Not bad for a freebie (thanks Cameron).

Thanks for looking
    Dave

Nice knife Dave ! M3's were designed by Aerial I believe.
    It is in very good condition.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

You can't beat a gift that has a point and an edge, I'm liking it!!!!!!! That bursting bomb on the pommel is a major plus!!!!
    So that was found in a house in the Land Down Under?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very nice M3 and an even nicer gift, congrats.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks for your reply's gents.
    Yes Phil it found in a house in Beechford Tasmania, It was in a box up in the roof cavity according to Cameron. There was an elderly couple residing there for many years before the old fella passed away. I do not know how it ended up there but US Airborne troops operated beside the Australians at Nadzab New Guinea in Sep 43. (503rd Parachute Inf.) and may be a possible speculative answer. One of many though as we know.

It's funny where things end up at times.

Thanks again fella's
    All the best
    Dave