Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?

Article about: found several of these recently in a dealers box ... any ideas as to why the modification was made ?

Default anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?

anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?found several of these recently in a dealers box ... any ideas as to why the modification was made ?

Default Re: anyone seen a spike bayonet scabbard like this before ?

Hi, Richmond and welcome to the forum!

I have never seen one like this before either.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Adrian .. thanks , didnt recognise you in that uniform ! Well that makes at least 2 of of us that have never seen this . Richmond

?

Make that three, i have absolutely no idea why this would be done, plus it appears from the one you show that it was factory manufactured which is even stranger

I agree , it has been done very professionally . Stupid as this sounds , it is almost as if it should fit into a 'tool' rack !

?

Ive been thinking about this, i would think it has been designed as a form of stop guard, going further, could it be used as a possible tent peg with added ring to stop the scabbard going too far into the ground, the bayonet could be used to slip through the tent ring or ground sheet, reiserted into the scabbard and secure the whole thing, its just a suggestion but i think plausable

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ive been thinking about this, i would think it has been designed as a form of stop guard, going further, could it be used as a possible tent peg with added ring to stop the scabbard going too far into the ground, the bayonet could be used to slip through the tent ring or ground sheet, reiserted into the scabbard and secure the whole thing, its just a suggestion but i think plausable
    Interesting idea ... though I think the bayonet itself would make a better tentpeg .

Hi Richmond,
    Like the others iv seem many of these scabbards but never this type, it quite interesting to know you have a few. the tent peg idea i think isnt good as the scabbard has the dirt hole in the end and would fill up very easy, but either way i would love one.
    Dave.

?

Possibly for mounting something on the scabbard when the bayonet and scabbard are on the rifle .... something daft like holding a tent up through the eye ringlets when being put up when the canvas has to reach high.

Gary J.

?

Whatever its for its unusual and interesting you say there are more in a dealers box, how much and where , any chance of a PM to discuss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast