Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British bayonet, I think?

Article about: It's 1860's-1870's era. ( The woman who said 'WWII or Korea' doesn't know much - if anything - about militaria ! ) I believe there's a clamp missing from the muzzle ring.........

Question British bayonet, I think?

Hello all, hope all is well. I first want to first apologize for the bad pictures (when I am able to post them.). I was not able to get any good clear pictures. My phone decided it did not want to work yesterday . Anyways I found this bayonet at a local antique shop. The blade is triangle shaped. The markings were right below the bore on the blade, the first marking was a circle with letters that are capped. They appear to be "3akid then another letter." The next symbol is a crown with the letter A on the right side of the crown, and maybe a "S" on the left side. The last stamp is a A.P. If it helps the shop dose have original militaria. I am at school and can not download any pictures onto the the computers. I did not buy the bayonet yet so I do not have the ability to get any more pictures at this time. If I can find out what kind of bayonet this is I am interested in buying the bayonet, that is why I am asking if y'all would happen to know what it is. Thank you for reading my post, I look forward to hearing form you.

From Alex

Default Re: British bayonet, I think?

I would say german WW1 butcher bayonet.
    But pictures would really help.
    chris

Thank you for your replay, but it is not a German WW1 butcher bayonet. The bayonet looks similar to this one. Civil War Bayonet | eBay

From Alex

Might be a Russian Mosin Nagant bayonet or the British Lee Enfield.

Here we go, pictures at last! I have no idea why they are sideways

Thank you CSM Gray for you commit, but that is not the bayonet in question. I was just able to post a few pictures.

From Alex

This is bugging me so much that I can't find anything on this bayonet. I am going to buy the bayonet in the morning and post some better pictures for y'all.

From Alex

Hello all. I was able to get the bayonet to day . After speaking to the manger, he said the bayonet was from the US civil war. He was thinking it was to a Springfield maybe 1850-1870's. From what I can tell I also think it was ether in the war era or just after the war. The over all length is about 21 inches, the blade is just under 18 inches, the socket is 3 inches. As for the Hallmark I am still not sheer what they say. I was able to get better pictures though.

Here are some more picture.

What do y'all think?

From Alex

Hi

It definitely looks like a British socket bayonet to me, possibly for the Martini Henry/ Martini Enfield rifle , notice the inspection marks.

Cameron

Thank you for your response. That's the problem, I still can't find the inspection marks. When i saw it the first time I thought that it was British. The "A.P" stamp is also puzzling me.

From Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast