Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British RAF Escape / Crash Axe

Article about: Hi I thought I would post my new escape axe I recently received. I have been researching these for a while and know that the open centred ones are for bombers and such, and the unmarked (no

?

Default British RAF Escape / Crash Axe

Hi I thought I would post my new escape axe I recently received. I have been researching these for a while and know that the open centred ones are for bombers and such, and the unmarked (no broad arrow) and missing the lower part of the blade are fire services but I was wondering if there was confirmation as to what the solid centred ones were used for? I found a picture that looks to have a pair of them but I am not 100%. Thanks for your time.
    British RAF Escape / Crash AxeBritish RAF Escape / Crash AxeBritish RAF Escape / Crash AxeBritish RAF Escape / Crash AxeBritish RAF Escape / Crash Axe

I don't know a thing about these M.E.E., but I have no doubt your axe matches the two in the photo being carried by the brave souls onto a glider. Very nice pick up. I've never seen one before.

Jay

Make a handy and lethal self-defense weapon too.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "