Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British utility knifes in flea market

Article about: Hello, Today i found these 2 british utility knifes in a flea market for a very good price; navy and army. The army have a visible maker marking and year 1940 but the navy is hard to read th

?

Default British utility knifes in flea market

Hello,

Today i found these 2 british utility knifes in a flea market for a very good price; navy and army. The army have a visible maker marking and year 1940 but the navy is hard to read the markings; RCSA and 1XX3? maybe 1943? i'm not sure... Both pieces are original WW2? Opinions about these knifes are needed and very appreciated.
    Thanks

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British utility knifes in flea market   British utility knifes in flea market  

British utility knifes in flea market   British utility knifes in flea market  

British utility knifes in flea market   British utility knifes in flea market  

Default Re: British utility knifes in flea market

Both are good wartime knives, and are Army issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's good news

Thanks

Ed

The 3 piece knife (the one with the spike) looks a bit like one of the Indian made examples. They were basically the same set up as the British made ones but the the markings were different and they had different scales (grips), usually black but also in a red fibre type set up. I think, from the ones I've seen they were not quite as well made as the British ones made in Sheffield but none the less I guess they served their purpose.
    Just to echo what Ade has said already, both are proper war time knives.