Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camillus M4 from 1990's

Article about: I am posting this to highlight some of the differences between the original and this one to prevent others from making the same mistake. I picked up last weekend in poor lighting thinking it

Default Camillus M4 from 1990's

I am posting this to highlight some of the differences between the original and this one to prevent others from making the same mistake. I picked up last weekend in poor lighting thinking it was a WWII era Camillus M4 in minty condition. As it turns out this is a commercial made Camillus from the 1990's production. Size, weight and shape is the same as WWII era. V cut leather washers are the same. The blade, pommel and cross guard are the same. Now the differences. There is no flaming bomb on the blade side of the cross guard which is the same as the 1953 contract. The peen on the pommel is smooth on this one and should be a startburst pattern for the WWII era and the 1953 contract. The X marking on the pommel is vertical as compared to the 1953 contract bayonet.
    John

Camillus M4 from 1990'sCamillus M4 from 1990'sCamillus M4 from 1990'sCamillus M4 from 1990'sCamillus M4 from 1990's

Thanks John,
    I would have guessed it to ba an original wartime piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

A good website on the topic Bayo Points 8

Thank you for the additional information added to the thread. Hopefully this will help someone else before they did what I did.
    John