Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?

Article about: Hello, I have recently purchased a pair of 1943 pattern RAF Escape boots and as is common with most of these boots the knife is missing from the inside pocket. I have done some internet rese

Default Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?

Hello, I have recently purchased a pair of 1943 pattern RAF Escape boots and as is common with most of these boots the knife is missing from the inside pocket.
    I have done some internet research and I cannot seem to get a definative answer / suitable picture as to what the knife would have looked like. Does anybody have one or a decent picture from a book so that I can start the hunt. I'm aware that they are very rare and expensive, but I also believe that they are fairly nondescript so I live in hope at finding one for pennies!

Default Re: Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?

Hi Grimebox,

Heres one, just over halfway down on the left hand side.The Historic Flying Clothing Company

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?

Cheers Ned

As I thought very nondescript - I wonder how many have been thrown away over the years! At least I know what I'm looking for now, just got to find one for £2.50 at a carboot!

Just seem this post and wanted to add some images of such a knife that was picked up last Saturday at car boot sale .. but can not yet add images
    Regards
    Gary

Quote by Ludford101 View Post
    Just seem this post and wanted to add some images of such a knife that was picked up last Saturday at car boot sale .. but can not yet add images
    Regards
    Gary
    Ok now using a PC so can add some images.

The boot is one of a pair for illustration ... the knife was picked up for ... £1 ... I know

It can still happen in 2017 !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?   Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?  

Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?   Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?  

B*stard! I commend you Sir, well done 👍

And just to rub salt into the already smarting wound here is one that was found in similar circumstances a few years ago ...

This one retains the black finish to the case and has not been sharpened

Cheers

Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?   Can anybody show me what a 1943 pattern RAF Escape boot knife looks like?  

We'll all be out looking for those knives now!