Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help me identify these sword/klewang?

Article about: [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] anyone have information about this sword? i want sell this sword but i dont know how much pric

cletoreyes13
    ?

Default Can anyone help me identify these sword/klewang?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

anyone have information about this sword?
    i want sell this sword but i dont know how much price for this sword
    thx

Default Re: Can anyone help me identify these sword/klewang?

It was made for the Dutch KNIL(Koninklijk Nederlands Indisch Leger) (overseas army) .
    Yours must be made between 1942 and 1945 as it comes from MILSCO in Australia.
    Worth 150 to 200 euro in good condition , but yours as been traficed at the grip.
    It should look like thise
    Attached Images Attached Images Can anyone help me identify these sword/klewang? 

...and welcome to the forum!!

cletoreyes13
    ?

thx brother for the information
    i get confused with the price
    somebody give me this sword from old cave in Indonesia

zzmagoo
    ?

I am just guessing, and it would help if you could say how you acquired this sword, and any history you are aware of. My grandfather brought back from WWI something kind of similar that appeared to be made from a bayonet, that looked like it came from N. Africa, with that kind of engraving and inlay. He served in France, so it was certainly a fake for gullible doughboys. This looks like maybe it was made from two bayonets forge welded together. (Note the "MILSCO" mark near the hilt.) The blade was heated on one side (by covering the other with clay, like a katana), quenched, and you can get an impressive curvature. The area around the tip was flattend, and the whole sword polished. Then the guard was added. But, like I say, I could be totally wrong.

cletoreyes13
    ?

Richard J. Williams from Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria
    says that my sword is US Made, dating from WW1 era

Quote by cletoreyes13 View Post
    Richard J. Williams from Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria
    says that my sword is US Made, dating from WW1 era
    It as always been made in the US, even before WWI, but the one's bearing the Milsco engraving where made in Australia from 1942 to 1945.

Quote by zzmagoo View Post
    I am just guessing, and it would help if you could say how you acquired this sword, and any history you are aware of. My grandfather brought back from WWI something kind of similar that appeared to be made from a bayonet, that looked like it came from N. Africa, with that kind of engraving and inlay. He served in France, so it was certainly a fake for gullible doughboys. This looks like maybe it was made from two bayonets forge welded together. (Note the "MILSCO" mark near the hilt.) The blade was heated on one side (by covering the other with clay, like a katana), quenched, and you can get an impressive curvature. The area around the tip was flattend, and the whole sword polished. Then the guard was added. But, like I say, I could be totally wrong.
    North Africa and Arabia are well know to have transfomed European weapons, but thise in not the case on thise one.
    About the "Milsco" mark ..you could be right, but why put the "Milsco" mark into the blade and leave the gripp as it is...?
    I repeat thise gripp as been transformed.

Hi stuka,

Thanks for this information, I have seen these many times when in indonesia (mainly java), and had no idea that the MILSCO was related to Australia, you learn something everyday. I suppose it may be an accronim for Military Supply Company or sometning of the sort? Anyway, I have been offered these for around $50 -$70 USD and never bought one, so I imagine that is a market value. I will be back there in May and will see if they are still around

Cheers,

Grant

No; in fact Milsco is the Milwaukee Saddle Compagny!
    I do not know the exact history about the "Milsco knil " produced in Australia.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast