Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadain Marlin Spike Knife

Article about: My grandfather had one like these two knives from the WWII Canadian Army "Essex Regiment (Tank)". I would like some help identify these two knives. The first is made by "OMF&q

Default Canadain Marlin Spike Knife

My grandfather had one like these two knives from the WWII Canadian Army "Essex Regiment (Tank)". I would like some help identify these two knives.

The first is made by "OMF" & the second by "M.S.Ltd XX". I believe the second stands for "Metal Stampings Limited" which was owned by Case XX.

Thanks,

William

Canadain Marlin Spike KnifeCanadain Marlin Spike KnifeCanadain Marlin Spike Knife
    Canadain Marlin Spike KnifeCanadain Marlin Spike KnifeCanadain Marlin Spike KnifeCanadain Marlin Spike Knife

I have been looking through Ron Flooks book and here is the info on your two knives,the one markedMS Ltd XX was made by W.R. Case and Sons of Canada Ltd.Pictou Nova Scotia between1948 and1949. The one marked OMFor could it possibly be DMF, Flook states, to date the origin of this trade mark has not been established. Flook quotes Canadian military folders of WWI by Lawrence in which one of these knives is recorded.On the basis of that info. quite a rare knife. John.

?

Very nice clean knives!! I have a few of these in differant patterns, how none are as clean as those ones.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by Blackpowder44 View Post
    I have been looking through Ron Flooks book and here is the info on your two knives,the one markedMS Ltd XX was made by W.R. Case and Sons of Canada Ltd.Pictou Nova Scotia between1948 and1949. The one marked OMFor could it possibly be DMF, Flook states, to date the origin of this trade mark has not been established. Flook quotes Canadian military folders of WWI by Lawrence in which one of these knives is recorded.On the basis of that info. quite a rare knife. John.
    Thanks John for this information. I have found very little on the "OMF" which I really think now is "DNF" and a WWI not WWII knife but who really knows. My grandfather was in the WWII Canadian army.

William

William