Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian issued No7 MkI Bayonet

Article about: So I normally try to keep my collection World War Two, but sometimes you have to make an exception and this is definitely one that can break those rules. Here is a 1946 manufactured No7 with

?

Default Canadian issued No7 MkI Bayonet

So I normally try to keep my collection World War Two, but sometimes you have to make an exception and this is definitely one that can break those rules. Here is a 1946 manufactured No7 with a Canadian broad arrow C marked bayonet ring. This one was made by Poole and other than the blade greying and the service man engraving his service number into the blade it is a nice looking blade. To top it all of, I paid about 20£. If there is any questions feel free to ask and thanks for looking.

Canadian issued No7 MkI BayonetCanadian issued No7 MkI BayonetCanadian issued No7 MkI BayonetCanadian issued No7 MkI Bayonet

?

A must have for all bayonet collectors! I have the black handled version.
    You can't beat that price either for these unique Bayo's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A must have for all bayonet collectors!
    I agree.
    I have one of the red handled ones.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Very nice addition. Congrats.
    John

?

I’ve never seen a Canadian marked No. 7 before. Could you please post a photo of the broad arrow C.

Nice bayonet for 20 quid by the way.

Thanks
    Alex

?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I’ve never seen a Canadian marked No. 7 before. Could you please post a photo of the broad arrow C.

Nice bayonet for 20 quid by the way.

Thanks
    Alex
    Of course, I have to use a macro lens to be able to see and photograph it. I also included a second but I can not get my phone to focus on the mark alone so if you look close right below the 1 you can make out the C. It also has a Canadian service number (in this case post 1960 since it is a verified SIN so I do not want to post that) engraved on the blade. According to this site www.canadiansoldiers.com they were issued to Governor Generals Foot Guards.

?

Thanks for the additional photos.

Im happy to be corrected but I believe that mark to be an inspectors mark rather than a Canadian ownership mark. A number of my No. 5 bayonets have number and letter marks to the cross guard and my Birmingham No. 7 bayonet has the same mark as yours.Canadian issued No7 MkI Bayonet

The Canadian ownership mark is a broad arrow within a C

Whilst your bayonet may well have seen Canadian service I have a feeling the serial number was added post service as it wasn't standard practice and probably would have got the guardsmen in strife especially if they used them for ceremonial use.

Alex

?

Thank you for the information, the broad arrow was different than what I was used to seeing so I thought it might have been a issue of post war change but what you are saying makes sense. I bought this from the son of the serviceman and since have talked with the son after finding the SIN and he confirmed his dad was in the armed forces and the SIN is his but beyond that he was unsure. I also suspect that the SIN was added when the bayonet was taken out of service to make sure the service man had claim on it or for all we know it was won in a poker game and he tacked on his SIN.

Cool

Always liked the No7 - afraid I can't help on whether it is Canadian issue bayonet or not but very jealous of you getting one (especially that good) for £20!

I occasionally make it over to Canada - grab one for me if you ever see another like that at that price?
    Last edited by brickie501; 06-29-2019 at 12:26 PM. Reason: jealous