Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ceremonial Swords

Article about: Is this appropriate for this forum section? These belonged to my Grandfather, Major General T.B.L Churchill. The straight sword was presented to him at Sandhurst RMC in 1927 as the prize for

?

Well Greg,
    After I sent him a PM , I took a look at his activity on the site and his last post was 12/16 .
    I asked the Forum admin about him , But have not heard back , So I posted that question about Robert and the last reply today was,

" Phil, I’ve asked the same question and no one seems able to reply, so I assume it’s not good news. Robert has been an invaluable source of information and the only living link to the most important sword making dynasty of this country. His contributions to the forum have been unique and definitive and I’m sure I speak for every member that we miss them greatly."

I was referenced to "Richard at Armsresearch.co.uk"
    Looking at his site, He has this form to fill out if Tom wished to take that route.

https://www.armsresearch.co.uk/Wilki...%20Request.pdf

But I hope RWL is doing well, But No answers from him makes one think...…

The one thing I remember best was when he told of the trademark , How it is not a six pointed star but two triangles intertwined. The triangle being a sign of strength, so two triangles is twice as strong!!!
    Yeah I hope he is OK!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for trying Phil. I hope you hear something from Robert soon. In the meantime, thankyou for the link, I will take a look. I have a FS fighting knife too, will post a pic soon.

Tom

The Royal Armouries website has some of the Wilkinson serial numbers and date ranges listed. The Wilkinson records are notoriously patchy and sometimes you can be lucky with name of buyer recorded , other times not.

But for "Mameluke: 74974" would appear to have been manufactured in 1955.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2