Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

Article about: what is the year of production on the scabbard throat? I got mine 2 years ago for £70+PP - no regrets Milled fakes from MK2 are easy to spot, they do look crappy. BTW there are some other sp

?

Default Re: Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

what is the year of production on the scabbard throat? I got mine 2 years ago for £70+PP - no regrets

Milled fakes from MK2 are easy to spot, they do look crappy.

BTW there are some other spike bayonets that's are costy e.g. Johnson rifle, arisaka carbine 44 etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?   Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  

well if the consensous is that this is a real cruciform....which after a bit of debate it does seem to be after looking at many pictures

Tip: many originals will feature a small often very faint electro penciled inspection number, B72 if my memory serves me correctly near the top of one of the fullers on the blade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ive got a few more pics here the end looks promising and looks pretty good quality compaired to the faked mk1s ive seen. the only bit that looks slight iffy is the I next to the mk but there is no distortion to the metal to suggest its been ground off. i think from what ive seen its a runner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?   Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  

Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?  
    Last edited by donoghue; 11-25-2012 at 07:40 PM.

nothing wrong with the bayonet mate ..... its spot on ... get bit bought at the right price and your on a winner

regards paul......

I must admit I do feel happier now having seen better pics of it. Pics can make or break an item in this 2 diamentional media.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

i am looking for a spike mk I with cruciform blade. any opinions regarding this one? faked or original? thank you in advance.Cruciform No4 Mk I bayonet: real or not?

It,s fine except for the price, what is the precedent for that amount?

it looks fine from a glance as the tip looks correct. but a few pics of the stamps wouldnt hurt. and ive no idea why the one im looking at is almost 300 pounds.....mayb they are deluded

cheers

?

i missed the auction. the bayonet went for almost 70 euro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2