Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard

Article about: I bought this figuring to trade or sell since I have a USN camillus version but once I started checking it out (as usually happens!) it is probably a keeper! Turns out to be USMC marked shea

Default Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard

I bought this figuring to trade or sell since I have a USN camillus version but once I started checking it out (as usually happens!) it is probably a keeper! Turns out to be USMC marked sheath and an early KABAR knife different than the later kabar styles. What do you think? Is this rare or collectible? No USMC on the blade, maybe a "42" stamped in the handle. Sheath has USMC BOYT 43 on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard   Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard  

Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard   Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard  

Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard   Early KA-BAR with USMC Boyt 43 leather sheath/scabbard  

Nice set - I'd be inclined to hang onto it as well. I think the 'USMC'
    marking on the scabbard has been scratched in by hand, and the
    '42' you see is only coincidental, but it's still a cool knife.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The USMC is stamped but aged/worn. I found some mint examples on ebay which show an asterisk like imprinted border. Mine does not have that.