Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

F&S Type Fighting Knife

Article about: Wondered if anybody had come across a knife like this one before?. It appears to have a Fairburn and Sykes type blade and is dated under the ricasso 1943. It is extremely heavy having either

?

Default F&S Type Fighting Knife

Wondered if anybody had come across a knife like this one before?. It appears to have a Fairburn and Sykes type blade and is dated under the ricasso 1943. It is extremely heavy having either a solid brass handle or possibly lead filled. I am pretty sure you would do more damage clubbing somebody with this thing than actually stabbing someone.
    I have had it for years and been patiently waiting for another to appear for comparison, sadly I have never seen anything similar.

Thanks for looking

F&S Type Fighting Knife
    F&S Type Fighting Knife
    F&S Type Fighting Knife
    F&S Type Fighting Knife

?

I have never seen one dated like that, but perhaps some were.
    To me it looks more like a more modern unfinished one that would have been a presentation type.

Just my thoughts.
    Dean O

?

I tend to agree it is probably presentation, the heavy hilt totally un-balances the whole knife and it is more like a paper-weight. I was curious if anybody had seen a hilt like it before. Thanks for the input.

Looks like it may be a 'Keeny Meeny' type of letter opener to me!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I think, Maybe ... someone stamped that date into it to try to fool collectors.. Again I may be wrong, I have several correct F/S daggers of different types, including an engraved (factory one in nickel) to a Col.
    I am not really up on these as much as I should be having so many...but as I do not se a need to collect them, they will go by the wayside in trades or for sale.

The F/S is "THE DAGGER" that's why so many around are fake, altered for other.

Just My Thoughts

Dean O
    Canada

I doubt this was ever intended to be a combat knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

You can contact this fellow. Probably no one has seen as many different types as Roy.
    Home
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks chaps,
    Always good to hear other collectors opinions. That's a great link Ralph, interesting to read in itself and earn't itself a bookmark.