Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gravity knife British

Article about: Hello everyone Does anyone know if Ibbersons ever made any sterile WWII gravity knives. The attached photo shows one I've seen but has no maker's mark, or indeed any marks on it. Thanks John

Default Gravity knife British

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if Ibbersons ever made any sterile WWII gravity knives. The attached Gravity knife Britishphoto shows one I've seen but has no maker's mark, or indeed any marks on it.

Thanks
    John

Hi John looks German to me

Hi Kradman, thanks for your reply. Would you know if any German ones were made unmarked?
    Thanks
    John

Default This is my Gravity Knife From the 40's

1940's Manufrance Saint-Étienne Extremely Rare Faux Stag Horn Paratrooper OTF Gravity Knife

Solid Brass Liners and Bolsters, Nickel Silver Trigger, Nickel Silver Trigger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife British   Gravity knife British  

Gravity knife British   Gravity knife British  

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi John looks German to me
    I agree 100%

German all the way!

I don't think I have ever heard of a British gravity knife but I stand to be corrected.
    I am unsure about unmarked types and certainly don't rule it out but with these unmarked is not usually a good sign I think.

Keep watvhing though, there are some experts in the field here for sure!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That's a beaut King Kong!
    John

Thanks for the reply Watchdog. I was told it was British, but I know nothing about gravity knives and am therefore very grateful for your help.
    John

Thanks John Gravity Knives aren't my thing I will probably sell this one

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I agree 100%

German all the way!

I don't think I have ever heard of a British gravity knife but I stand to be corrected.
    I am unsure about unmarked types and certainly don't rule it out but with these unmarked is not usually a good sign I think.

Keep watvhing though, there are some experts in the field here for sure!

Mark
    The British did indeed make a copy of the German gravity knife for the SOE. They are rather rare. One was shown on the forum.

Rarest of the rare

Hi Spitace41
    Thanks for your comment. In the link you kindly sent it says that the first batch made did not have a makers name etc. The one pictured in the link had a chequered grip, would you know if all were made with that grip or were some made with a wooden grip as the one in my photo?
    Cheers
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast