Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The humble British Jack Knife

Article about: Hi Guys, the clasp or Jack knife was carried by all British soldiers in WW2. They were carried secured around the waist via string lanyard. They were a useful tool and were often kept by for

I just recently found one of these with the I*XL
    marked blade by George Wostenholm.

it is not dated but has the C /l\ Canadian
    acceptance stamp.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

I was issued with a war-time dated all Stainless Steel example when I joined the TA in 1980. I was told that I was one of the last to be issued and they were using up remaining stocks.

And another, delighted with this from a local car boot sale in Nottingham, the wanted £5, i offered four he accepted and so here it is, difficult to make out who made it looks like W&SB Sheffield.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    ...difficult to make out who made it looks like W&SB Sheffield.
    Yup, W&SB will be correct, it's W & S Butcher, who also went under the name Wade & Butcher.

Cheers brother, a steal at that price it was rude not to take it, amazing how many of these show up.

You don't often see them for less than £15 these days in my part of the world.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers brother, a steal at that price it was rude not to take it, amazing how many of these show up.
    Absolute bargain I'd say looking at it! I've not bought one for a couple of years now but I've noticed the prices are really creeping onwards and upwards nowadays!

I suppose thats the beauty of boot sales you never know what is on the next table.

Just found this thread whilst searching for information on Jack Knives. Thought I would share my small collection of these. I have three British ones, a Belgian post war variation and a post war civilian pen knife in the same style. The guy who sold me the smaller one was desperately keen on selling it as a prototype military knife, it's Sheffield made but not arrow marked and the workmanship is not the best so I haggled and got it for a more reasonable price. I was born in Sheffield so am interested in these knives, my first penknife was the military knife in the picture with no shackle. I buy them when I see them but never pay more than £10 for them, although they are not all in good nick they are very tactile items and feel nice in the hand.

The humble British Jack KnifeThe humble British Jack KnifeThe humble British Jack KnifeThe humble British Jack KnifeThe humble British Jack KnifeThe humble British Jack Knife

super group that, well done.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast