Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Jungle enfield bayonet

Article about: I have a new RFI bayonet but the grips on it are too short and the holes don't match up with my Viners N79 original bayonet.

Default Re: Jungle enfield bayonet

Nice bayonets. I've just got the one, a 1947 Poole made one, though it does have the bonus of an early wartime Wilkinson made scabbard with Wilkinsons S294 dispersal code on it, bayo has probably been reconditioned by the military at some point (I think quite a lot were) as it has a blackened blade, this is probably when it ended up with the S294 scabbard, which itself has probably been reconditioned as it has the later non flush throat.

I think, though once again I can't swear on it, that all the bayonets except the Poole ones were pre 1945 made.

Here's a couple of pics of mine...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungle enfield bayonet   Jungle enfield bayonet  

Jungle enfield bayonet   Jungle enfield bayonet  

?

I'm also on the hunt for a No. 5 bayonet in nice condition for my carbine. Prices here in the states are somewhat high. What I have currently is a commercially available reproduction that I had stripped and repainted in a more traditional coating for display purposes. This is what it looked like originally with a gloss finish:Jungle enfield bayonetJungle enfield bayonet

Here's a photo showing it refinished displayed with my No. 5 Enfield, which was also refinished with the same coating:Jungle enfield bayonet

Looks good in the display, certainly looks the part.........I'm interested in the fact that its a repro.......are they still available ? who makes them and how much do they cost ?

?

These repro bayonets can be easily found on e-Bay for less than $75.00; I think I paid about $35 for mine last year. Here's one currently on e-Bay: British Enfield No.5 Jungle Carbine Bayonet & Scabbard on eBay!

A company called IMA-USA also sells them.

An original No. 5 has a small hole in the handle just below the release button, the repros do not have this hole. You can see what I'm speaking of if you look at some of the photos posted on this thread and compare those photos to mine. Plus the repro scabbards lacks the throat piece that the originals have.

4md
    ?

gday heres my sterling bayonet(right) i got for my jungle carbine, its a excellent bayonet thats well made and fits the rifle perfectly.there is no markings that i can see on this bayonet except a very faint engraving on the blade which says 'sterling'.
    Im glad i got it as its a collectable bayonet but i would prefer a nice original jc bayo to go with my rifle

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungle enfield bayonet   Jungle enfield bayonet  

?

You could try getting an RFI marked one there normally about £75 and made in Pakistan for there armed forces. The ones marked with dispersal codes do command a higher a price. The S as S294 stands for South and N in N187 is North i.e north or south England. I have a mint WSC one to go with my BSA made Jungle Carbine. I do have spare grips if anyone has one with missing or damaged grips.

I'm interested in your original spare grips for a Jungle carbine bayonet. Are they still available and for what price. Regards!
    Bob Baldwin

?

Hi Sorry for slow reply to this, I will dig them out and take some photos for you.
    Cheers Neil

Thanks! Bob

Quote by Jenko View Post
    You could try getting an RFI marked one there normally about £75 and made in Pakistan for there armed forces.
    I Wouldn't say that to a Pakistani, RFI is Rifle Factory India, they made their bayonets for the Indian Army.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast