MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Knife identification help please.

Article about: Hi all, I recently purchased this knife at an antique fair. Can anyone help identify it please? It has no makings whatsoever. It measures 9” in length with a 5” blade. The blade is fairly fl

?

Default Knife identification help please.

Hi all, I recently purchased this knife at an antique fair. Can anyone help identify it please? It has no makings whatsoever. It measures 9” in length with a 5” blade. The blade is fairly flat and sharpened on one side only.

Many thanks

Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knife identification help please.   Knife identification help please.  

Knife identification help please.  

It looks like a home made hunting knife to me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Not sure if homemade or not but doesn't have a military connection from what I can see.

A nice interesting piece. Sure has seen some honest use. Looks solid!

Edit: It's not, but almost looks like an Oyster schucker (sic).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Probably not homemade, or military, but possibly agricultural or industrial use. The handle, though not the blade, is similar to some butchers knives.

I was thinking maybe Royal Navy Deck knife but this was as close to the knife I could find
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knife identification help please.  

?

Thank you all for the replies. Kradman, you’ve hit the nail on the head with regards to what the seller told me. He said it was an old Australian navy deck knife.

Thanks again.

Al

That's indeed what I thought - a Navy deck knife. A no nonsense daily cutlery workhorse, as my grandfather and father carried and used long after their service with the Dutch Navy.
    These are Dutch examples:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knife identification help please.