Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kutmaster Utica knife

Article about: Hi folks after advice again, were this made during the war or piece parts post war. As you can see its not had a charmed life the stackers are mis shaped and the blade is not at its best pri

well he caught it, I actually thought about them being made from the wooden stocks

MAP
    ?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    well he caught it, I actually thought about them being made from the wooden stocks
    Maybe I should have use the word "stores" instead of "stocks"....but then again everyone would have thought there was a store selling Garands.... LoL!!! Never did very well in vocab in school...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

To be honest Mike. It was a real question.No Chop busting or Bagging involved. I just didn't see the resemblance of a Garand bayonet Blade. They must have been total blanks as the fuller does not have the Garand bayo length of any of there variations. I have seen many post war uses of the older Garand bayo blades and they were obvious. With this one I just didn't see it.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    To be honest Mike. It was a real question.No Chop busting or Bagging involved. I just didn't see the resemblance of a Garand bayonet Blade. They must have been total blanks as the fuller does not have the Garand bayo length of any of there variations. I have seen many post war uses of the older Garand bayo blades and they were obvious. With this one I just didn't see it.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    No problemo Phil. As I noted, I just read this on a few forums. Been told that the CMP is pretty decent, so assuming it is true. Or just an urban legend that has become defacto fact. I agree that these must have been blanks.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    ... try ebay in the US. you will have your pic of some decent ones at fair prices if you knok around a little...
    shipping and potential import tax will unfortunately kill the savings of buying in the US. I shipped a helmet over to the UK once. Shipping was more than the value of the helmet and then the receiver also got hit by the tax .

depends upon who in the US it is purchased from. Santa may be able to help with logistics and customs making this holiday season especially this case minimal in extra costs.

I always sometimes ;-) send stuff as "Gift" so they can avoid the VAT. Sent quite a few things over there over the years, and have received quite a few nice things as well, just lately.

I seem to remember eBay warning sellers in the last couple years that you're not supposed to ship knives to Britain. I don't know how set in stone this is, but I've also read articles where they are doing knife roundups or turn in programs over there, then they destroy them. What a flippin shame... bureaucratic FOOLS... Send them here and make some money!

Hi guys thanks for all the replies i am not going to bother with this one i would like a ww2 period knife.
    There are many on Ebay USA many sellers though will not post to the UK, as i understand fixed blades are ok to send i have had a few sent over however flick knifes are a big no no, so i can understand why some people won`t get involved.
    The search goes on, nothing pristine a good old been there and survived piece will do.
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2