MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Late pattern Camilus - or not?

Article about: Not too sure about this one at all, I got it in a typical swap with a US colleague in Germany nearly 30 years ago and it lived in my field gear for a while before ending up today in my tool

Default Late pattern Camilus - or not?

Not too sure about this one at all, I got it in a typical swap with a US colleague in Germany nearly 30 years ago and it lived in my field gear for a while before ending up today in my tool box. I never really regarded it as a collectible and it has been a useful piece of equipment taking a good edge as it does.

I never took it as being a WWII piece but have recently wondered if it might be a Vietnam period item. It seems too solid to be a copy so should I accord it a little more respect or does it belong in the garden shed?

From a collecting view point this is really not my strong suit so any opinions are most welcome.

Regards

MarkLate pattern Camilus - or not?Late pattern Camilus - or not?Late pattern Camilus - or not?Late pattern Camilus - or not?Late pattern Camilus - or not?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It appears to be an original Camillus "Ka-Bar", but I believe the WW II versions had the marking on the guard not the blade. I would expect it is likely a Vietnam era piece.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I might be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that from 1962 - 1974,
    the blades were marked Camillus NY and that the "NY" was dropped in 1974.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree - late 70's knife.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late pattern Camilus - or not?  
    Regards,

Steve.