Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production? WW2 or not?

Article about: Please help!! I want to buy this bayonet,but i don't know is it from ww2? no year of production... Somebody,need opinion.. Thank you..

Default M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production? WW2 or not?

Please help!! I want to buy this bayonet,but i don't know is it from ww2?

no year of production...

Somebody,need opinion..

Thank you..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production?  WW2 or not?   M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production?  WW2 or not?  

M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production?  WW2 or not?  

Default Re: M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production? WW2 or not?

Hi Markoni, that is a Model 1, 10" Garand bayonet , manufactured by Union Fork and Hoe of Columbus, Ohio, with a cut down M3 scabbard made into an M3A scabbard. I have read that the first Model 1 bayos that came out in mid-1943 did not have dates stamped on them. I would say this one is a somewhat rare first production M1 bayo that is definitely WWII era. The blood groove does not go to the end of the blade therefore you know that it is not a cut down 1905E1. They stopped cutting down the M3 scabbards before the end of WWII. That does present one possible problem but then again maybe not. I don't know if they would produce brand new M1 bayos and put them in an M3A scabbard. I guess that could have been possible. Short and sweet, it is what you are looking for! Good Luck.

Jay

Default Re: M1 Garand bayonet with markings,but no year of production? WW2 or not?

Markoni,Military Trader just had an excellent article on these WW2 bayo's. Some real helpful info. Pick one up if you get the chance! Ron